I've Made a Huge Mistake - Products I Regret Buying


Hello, friends!

I talk a lot about products I love on here and of all the different ways that I like to use them, but let's be real: makeup isn't always made of rainbows and butterflies. Sometimes, you just don't like things you thought you would love. It happens to the best of us. So, I decided that today I would put together a list of products that I regret buying. Maybe you and I are on the same page about some of them?


  • TheBalm Nude 'Tude Eyeshadow Palette. I bought this after I got my hands on the Lorac Pro palette specifically for the gorgeous pink shades. However, I regret buying it because it just doesn't get a lot of use. It's mostly neutrals, which is wonderful, but the quality in the Lorac Pro is so much better that I reach for those neutrals more often. I'm sure I would reach for it more if it was the only high-end eyeshadow palette I owned.
  • NYX Matte Lipstick in Butter. I really don't know what possessed me to buy this. It's a nude tan lipstick that doesn't really mix with my undertones well. I look like a zombie whenever I try to wear it, and it's just not cute. Mixing it with other lip glosses or liners to change the color slightly haven't helped much either. I'm sure this would work better with someone who had pink undertones and darker skin.
  • Maybelline  The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara. This mascara was a total mess for me. It flaked like crazy on me and smudged a good deal. I can't get this to work and should probably just throw it away and admit defeat. (But I'm just so stubborn, you know? I can't do it.)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in El Dorado. This gold is the most gorgeous, truest color that I've ever seen and swatched. However, I just can't get it to look right on my eyes because it tends pull more of a brassy color once applied.
  • Wet n' Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Cherry Picking. This is a lovely, matte blue-toned red that looks amazing when on. However, it has a relatively dry consistency and I find that it doesn't apply or wear evenly.
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight. I bought this mini in a duo along with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance in the original shade, but I probably should have just gone for a full size of the original. The color is nice, and the consistency is good, and there's nothing really wrong with it at all except the fact that I just don't use it very often. I usually reach for the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded if I want a non-transparent eyeshadow base, and for the TFSI in Original if I don't.
  • Coastal Scents Stippling Brush. The quality of this brush is surprisingly fantastic, but I don't really like using it. It's the only stippling brush I've ever tried, but I thought the process left a lot to be desired because stippling on the foundation takes forever. Maybe if I gave it a little more effort I could make it work for me. Have any of you guys had success with stippling on your foundation? Because I just can't get into it.
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese. I bought this originally as an inner corner highlight, but I find that it is too white to use for that purpose to look even remotely natural. Besides, I rub my eyes a lot, so even if I tried to keep makeup on the inner corners of my eyes it wouldn't last for very long. 


What do you guys regret buying and keeping in your makeup collection? Let's chat.

As always, thanks for reading!
Until next time,


Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.