January Favorites! 2014


Hello, friends! January is over as heck, so what better time to rave about what I've been loving this month? Let's get right into it:



Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Vanilla. This is a little dark for me right now, but I can still get away with it. I love using this sheer foundation to even out my skintone and without looking too covered up like a mask. The formula is one of my favorites because it runs on the thinner side (as opposed to Revlon Colorstay) and is therefore easier to blend into your skin. 


L'Oréal Visible CC Undereye Concealer in Light. This has quickly become one of my favorite concealers of all time. This concealer applies evenly under the eyes, blends easily with your fingers, and doesn't crease or look cakey. I love the fact that it has a metal rollerball applicator because it helps alleviate puffy eyes in the morning. Everybody wins!


Freeman Avocado and Oatmeal Clay Mask. I haven't used this in a while, so once I came back to school from winter break I started using it again. Using this is wonderful not only as a full face mask, but also as a spot treatment. With soothing ingredients like oatmeal and avocado, this is a perfectly inexpensive drugstore option for combination skin!



Smith's Rosebud Salve. I love little things that come in tins, and this salve is no exception. This creamy, rosy balm smells wonderful and is extremely nourishing. Most people use this on lips alone, but I also like to use this on my cuticles at night. I've had this tin for over a year, and I still have a good deal of it left.



Smashbox Brow Tech Trio in Taupe/Soft Brown. This was totally new to me this month after borrowing it from my roommate - who got it from her mom, neither of whom actually knew what it was supposed to be used for (they thought it was eyeshadow!). I really like this! It's a nice, easy way to get your brows all nice and pretty.


NYX Megashine Lip Gloss in Beige. I’m not usually one to wear lip gloss, but I really like the consistency of this one. It’s a great pink gloss to throw on to look instantly pulled together without feeling sticky or looking unnaturally opaque.


ChapStick Hydration Lock lip balm. I received this in a Birchbox a little while ago and was interested in it after reading that it was a dupe for the Fresh Sugar lip Treatment. While I can say for certain that they aren't dupes, it is still a pretty nice lip balm that leaves the lips moisturized for a long time. It layers really nicely under my matte lipsticks!


Maybelline Mega Plush mascara. I've fallen in love with this mascara! Not only is it really nice because it gives your lashes great length and definition, but I love the consistency of the formula! It leaves your lashes feeling light and movable, not brittle and hard like other mascaras. 


ELF Studio Blush Brush. I've never really been keen on using this brush to actually apply blush. In fact, I found it a little small for that purpose and instead used it solely for contouring. Recently I've begun to apply blush with it for a specific wash of color on my cheeks, and I really like the effect. I like to blend it out afterward with a fluffy face brush. 



Rimmel ScandalEYES Pencil Liner in Nude. I've had this for a long time, but never really reached for it because I thought it looked a little too stark on the waterline - and I didn't think I could pull it off. But once I saw what a difference it made from far away, I knew I had to start using it again. It has a creamy consistency that glides on nicely with full color. I've also used it as a base for my eyeshadow looks in a pinch!




CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion. Because I'm apparently quite the contrarian, I like to use this lotion in the morning. I find this to be really moisturizing and not one to make my face oily throughought the day under my makeup. 

What did you love in January? I'd love to know.

As always, thanks for reading!
Until next time,


Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.