Five Minute Makeup!


Some days, you just don't want to fuss with a lot of makeup. All you want is a basic, fool-proof look that you can do in five minutes before sprinting off to your 11 AM literature class because you don't want to look like you just rolled out of bed, although you probably just did. (Oh, wait. Just me?) In any case, this is the five-minute, foolproof makeup I employ on a daily basis... probably because I'm always running late. Whoops!


  • RealTechniques Powder Brush. This is my all-purpose weapon of choice. Not only do I use this to apply setting powder, but I also use it to quickly apply and blend out blush when I can't be bothered to find my blush brush. (Time is money, folks.)
  • NYX Slide On Glide On Eyeliner in Jet Black. When I'm going for speed, I don't want to bother with liquid liner (because that's just asking for something to go wrong, right?), so I just use this to darken the upper lash line. 
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 012 Soft Beige. My favorite powder! Great for setting makeup and keeping my face shine free. 
  • TheBalm Frat Boy Blush. If you're familiar with my blog, then you already know that this is my all-time favorite blush. It just gives the perfect peachy-pink flush for everyday wear (but looks fantastic for any occasion!). 
  • Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof Mascara. If I don't use much eye makeup for the day, I like to add as much definition as I can! And I like the dark, bold look this mascara gives to my lashes. 
  • Smashbox Brow Tech Trio in Taupe/Soft Brown. Relatively new to my beauty arsenal, I quite like the way this product makes my brows look. Even if I don't want to fill in my brows completely, I like using the wax to keep them in place. More on this product in next week's post!
  • L'Oréal Visible Lift CC Concealer in Light. A fantastic undereye concealer. Completely crease-free, and totally camouflages the fact that I barely sleep. 
  • Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Light. I use this to highlight other areas of my face and to even out my skintone. Love it!


I like to finish off the look with whatever lip color I'd feel like wearing for the day (but if we're being totally honest, it's probably a lip balm I find in my backpack if I remember). Recently, I've been in love with the NYC Applelicious glossy lip balm in Pink Lady for a no-fuss wash of color, which I'm wearing right now. Here's how it all usually looks on my face:

I haven't quite mastered the art of taking a selfie without doing something goofy yet. 

What are your necessities for a quick, go-to makeup routine? 

As always, thanks for reading!
Until next time,


Keep in touch!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful products! I love that brush from Real Techniques too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.