13 Things I Did in 2013 ☆


A lot of crazy things are going to go down in 2014. I'm going to graduate college, leave all the friends I've made, hopefully get a big girl job and my own apartment and start a life on my own. But before all the madness happens in May, I'd like to take some time to reflect on how wonderful 2013 was for me. So, without further ado, here are 13 things I did in 2013:





13. I became an RA for the first time and had a hallway filled with sophomore, junior, and senior girls.


12. I went on a plane for the first time... To Dallas, Texas.


11.  While I was in Dallas, I went to the American Choral Directors' Association National Conference and was surrounded by people who love music as much as I do.

Some building we worked in with me being excited in the corner
Us as the choir in residence for the Conducting Competition

Us taking a break at the Winspear Opera House

10. I sang my first opera aria! Big accomplishment for me.  I sang Ah! Je veux vivre from Charles Gounoud's Romeo et Juliette.


9. I started a blog to keep me busy over the summer. Unsurprisingly, my first post was about tea.

8. I had knee surgery and spent a lot of time in physical therapy afterward.

I took this picture in the car on the way home from the surgery.  It was brutal!
A month and a half later with a mostly-healed knee and some pink kicks.

7. I turned 21 and bought my first alcoholic beverage.

Follow me on Instagram!


6. I watched The Aristocats probably 100 times, and my friends ragged on me a lot for it:

Actual conversation with my friend Marybeth.

5. I was cast in my first major role! I originated the lead role of Gerda in a new play called The Snow Queen, based off of the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale.

Gerda with the Crow. Photo by Katria Foster
Our beautiful wall of quotes.
The beautiful, wonderful cast and crew of The Snow Queen!

4. I was nominated to be a part of the Irene Ryan Acting Competition at the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival because of my performance in the Snow Queen. We're going in January!

Posing in costume and very out of character while sitting on a 8 foot tall boulder at a video shoot for Snow Queen. Can you tell I miss this show a lot?
3. I spent a lot of time with fantastic people. I met a lot of new people, made some really close friends, and got back in touch with old ones!

Us at our club Christmas party

Most of the Chamber Singers after our Lessons and Carols concert
I don't even know

2. My friends and I went to the diner down the road from our school more often than we should have. Curse you, late night mozzarella stick cravings.

Snatched from Britney's instagram.

1. I was cast with major roles in two other plays that I am excited to get to work on in 2014! I was cast as Maureen in Rent and as Margarethe Bohr in Copenhagen. 


Rent happenings.


Copenhagen!


I am very excited to see what 2014 has to offer! Hopefully this year will be good to me.

Thanks for reading, and Happy New Year to you all!
Until next time,
Stalk me:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.