December Life Favorites! | 2013




Hello, friends! As December comes to a close, I thought it would be a good idea to post about what my favorite things during the month were. Because why not, right? 

Here we go!






First and foremost, my favorite thing to snuggle up with this month has been this gorgeous blanket from L.L. Bean that I've been using as the background for these pictures. It has a really nice wintery/Christmas feel to it because of its cozy color scheme. It's been covering my bed at home while I'm here on break, but I'm going to see if I can bring this back up to school with me (as if I don't have enough blankets on my bed at school!).

Second, I've been adoring The King's Singers lately. It might be because we sang one of the pieces that was arranged specifically for them with the Chamber Singers for our Lessons and Carols concert, and it might be because our choir director is slightly obsessed with them... But it's probably because they're a fantastic vocal group. I can't get over how wonderful they are. (Also, the Spotify app I've been listening to them on is great. Since when did they branch out from just offering free radio to the rest of the available collection on mobile? I love using the app especially because the Spotify software itself slows down my computer too much to be useful anymore.)


My other most favorite thing has been The Aristocats. I'm usually not one to watch movies over and over, but I watched this too many times while I was still at school that my friends liked to make fun of me for watching it so often. How could you not love this movie, though? The background illustrations are gorgeous, the music is wonderful, and the kittens are cuter than anything. Plus, we may or may not have casted our entire friend group as characters in the movie (if you were curious, my roommate and I were the geese!).

And now, for some quick favorites:



  • I'm really digging this penguin hat because it's the warmest thing I've ever worn and the yarn on top makes it look like you've got a silly little mohawk. It makes me look really intimidating.
  • I also really love these handmade wool socks that my mom made for me! They keep my feet really warm and are actually adorable. I've got a couple of other pairs, but these are my favorite ones.
  • My favorite tea this month by far is Trader Joe's Vanilla and Cinnamon Black Tea. Not only is it delicious, but the best thing about it is that it tastes even better in my favorite Christmas mug. I'm not entirely sure why that happens, though. It's probably science. 
  • My favorite snack has been these honey roasted cashews. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that this container didn't even last three days with me. I like them a lot better than honey roasted peanuts because the flavor is slightly more delicate. (I totally demolished a container of peanuts too, though. I have no shame.)
  • I've been getting a lot of play time from Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device computer game. I got this last year during the school year and didn't finish it, so I'm replaying from the beginning. It's about solving a murder, and it's set in a Tesla-inspired lab facility. There's a lot of electricity and chemistry and even though I'm not a science-inclined person, it's still pretty cool. 
  • I love notebooks and journals. I got this cute purple one the other day and I've been using it a lot! I love notebooks because I'm really into making lists as well as journaling, and I can write them all down in one place in them. 
  • I forgot to take a picture of it, but I'm quite fond of the Flannel candle by Bath and Body Works. I bought it for my mom for Christmas, and it smells so good that I can't handle it. My cousins and I had a great time picking this candle apart on Christmas Eve because it smells more like a man than it does a candle.
That's it from me! What were your favorites this month?
Until next time,
Stalk me:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.