I know exactly what you're thinking. In fact, I know exactly what's been plaguing you, dear reader, ever since stumbling upon this blog of mine. You've been spending countless nights without rest because there were some things about my travels that you did not know... Well, no matter. I'll be divulging that information shortly. Feel free to relax now.
I spent some time away this weekend. For beauty addicts everywhere, this can be both a blessing and a curse. Weekends away may be fun (mine was! I got to see my sister graduate from grad school), but deciding what to take into a teeny tiny makeup bag can be dreadful. However dreary the task, it must be done. I guess I managed.
|I don't work with Benefit or anything (I just wish I did!)-- I got this makeup bag as a gift with purchase at Ulta.|
What's in my travel makeup bag? Click through for pictures and the list!
I was really only away for an overnight trip, but I needed two face options: one, for my sister's graduation dinner; and two, for Fathers' Day brunch the next day. I packed as many options as I could within such a tiny bag:
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation to cover blemishes and hyperpigmentation;
- Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil by Alterna to tame my poofy hair into submission;
- NYC Blushable Creme Stick for quick, easily blendable color;
- Carmex Lip Balm to tame chapped lips;
- Revlon Lip Butters in Sweet Tart and Tutti Frutti, one for each event;
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer to hide my personality flaws (and acne);
- Benefit's They're Real! Mascara because it's one of the tinier mascaras I own;
- Rimmel ScandalEYES Nude Eyeliner to hide the redness from the sleep I didn't get at the hotel;
- NYX Slide On Eyeliner Pencil in Black just because. I really don't know why I brought this;
- Eyeshadow Brush for packin' on color;
- Coastal Scents Fluffy Brush because it's fluffy;
- ELF Studio Face Brush for powder/foundation;
- Lorac Pro Palette because it's truly wonderful;
- Benefit POREfessional Primer so stuff sticks to my face;
- Lorac Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer so stuff sticks to my eyes;
- NYX HD Concealer for concealing the windows to my soul;
- NYX Megashine Gloss in Beige which really isn't beige anyway, but more of a pink. Also just because;
- NYC Mosaic Face Powder to set it and forget it.
What are your travel must-haves?
Also, please do me a favor and follow my blog on Bloglovin! That way you can keep up with my posts as well as your other favorite blogs all in one place!