Confessions of a Dry Shampooer



Whether it's from a can or from your cupboard, dry shampoo is a real lifesaver. It's there for you if you've overslept, if there isn't any hot water in your apartment, or even if your hair could use a little more volume. But regardless of how you use it, dry shampoo is definitely a way of life. And, surprisingly, there is a method to the madness.

It's not because I'm gross.
There are plenty of reasons to use dry shampoo nstead of washing your hair daily. Frequent shampooing strips the hair of its natural oils, leaving it more prone to breakage, frizz, and dullness. Additionally, if you regularly curl or straighten your hair, skipping a few washes can extend your style and prevent more heat damage.

It's definitely because I'm lazy.
Having good looking hair is a struggle. Especially for those with thick, curly, or generally unruly hair, daily styling can be a real pain. Personally, my hair just doesn't look right until the next day. Why should someone through all the effort of daily washing and styling just to live a life filled with bad hair days? Washing it once every few days just makes things easier.

I can't always remember the last time I washed my hair.
Sometimes I can get away with three to four days between washes, but other times it's only two. I know when it's time to wash my hair because it no longer styles like I want it to, or because more dry shampoo doesn't help. I don't have a set schedule.

That doesn't mean that I don't bathe.
It is possible to wash the rest of your body without getting your hair wet. Baths are a great way to wash only your body. Shower caps are also useful. Even if you're not washing your hair daily, you can still be a clean and fully functional human being. In fact, showers are a lot quicker when I don't have to bother washing my hair.

Dry shampoo only gets you so far.
There's only so much damage that dry shampoo can undo. And, when this happens, it's easy to feel betrayed. But if you're short on time, you can still wash the greasiest spots in the sink (for me, it's the temples) and blow dry it together with the rest of your hair. Nobody has to know.

Once you try it, you'll never go back.
Since I don't have to waste my time washing and styling my hair on a daily basis, I save a lot of time by taking five minute showers. This streamlines your morning routine considerably. (More time to sleep, am I right?)

I wish I knew about it sooner.
Life has been so much easier since learning to dry shampoo that I'm not sure how I functioned beforehand. I straightened my hair daily in high school, and thinking about all the heat damage I caused makes me cringe. My hair would have been a lot happier and healthier if I knew about dry shampoo.

New to dry shampoo? There are plently of options available at the drugstore, but if you're feeling adventurous you can always try making your own.

Do you relate to any of these? What other confessions would you add?


Share with your shampoo-hating friends:

Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.