August 2013 Birchbox Unboxing + First impressions/Review!

Hello, everyone! I got my August Birchbox in the mail a little earlier today. I always love seeing other blog posts and videos about monthly Birchboxes, so I figured I'd share mine too!

This month's theme was Finishing School. (This is hitting a little too close to home, since I've got my last year of undergrad starting this month... )


Here's what came in my box this month!


Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream (full size $39). I've been curious about this product ever since Allison (of Amarixe) did a review on it. It looks like this is a little dark for me right now, but that shouldn't be an issue. It applies nicely and evenly with a rich, creamy texture that dries with a light, slightly dewy finish. Can't wait to try this!



Jasmine Seven Fresh Feet Wipes (full size $25.95). These alcohol-free towelettes are for refreshing your feet after a night out, a busy day at the office, in-between shoe changes, or even for your hands. They contain vitamin E, peppermint, and aloe to soothe the skin.

Though this is an odd concept for a product (even though it makes sense, if you think about it), I think this can be very useful. I wear flats all year round, and I think this will be really useful at the end of the day. It's got a nice, sweet pepperminty smell, and the wipe is nice, large size. It doesn't leave a greasy feeling afterward! I would consider purchasing this if I knew how many towels were in the full size (it hasn't been updated on the Birchbox site yet... I guess living pretty close to Birchbox is a good thing). It's definitely not a necessity, but it's still very nice to use. 




ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in Disco Fever (set of 3, $24). This lipstick easily steals the show for this month's birchbox! The rich, creamy formula glides on easily and vibrantly. It still looks great after blotting! The finish is pretty amazing, too: it's matte, but not at all drying. Very comfortable to wear! The color is wonderful, too: it's a bright, warm-pink coral, but it's very wearable. This is my new favorite lipstick formula! I'm seriously considering purchasing the set.


Violet Oasis' 100% Organic Argan Oil (full size $39.95). This Moroccan Argan oil is supposed to be really good for moisturizing the skin or hair. It has vitamin E and essential fatty acids to promote healthy skin and hair! The smell on this isn't that great (it smells like some sort of burned sesame seed) but it fades away after rubbing it into the skin. I tried this in my obnoxiously puffy, wavy, and kinky hair, and it smoothed it out nicely. 


TanTowel Self-Tan Towelettes (full size $24). I've heard great things about these wipes! It promises a streak-free self tanning experience. It also promises to exfoliate and moisturize. I'm a little chicken when it comes to self-tanning because I'm worried about looking orange and streaky, but we'll see how this goes!

Overall, this box (Birchbox August 2013) was a great box. I can't wait to use these products... especially the lipstick!

That's all from me! Did you get anything different in your box? I would love to hear about it. :)

Still not subscribed to Birchbox? Sign up here!

If you're interested, please check out my last few Birchbox posts or my last few unboxing posts!

As always, thanks for reading!
Until next time,

:)



PS: Feel free to follow me on Twitter or follow my blog on Bloglovin'. :P

3 comments:

  1. That lipstick is for sure the show stopper. Amazing Color!

    I also wanted to let you know I nominated this blog for a Liebster Award here: http://bit.ly/1evKQa8

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northernbeauty85.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some awesome items! I got the Model Co. Lipstick last month. I really like it. I really hope I get the BB cream.


    Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lipstick sounds amazing and I've never seen such a great box before where everything seems great :D

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.