These are a few of my favorite things | February Favorites


I'm a little late to the party in getting this post up, but it's not just laziness this time. In the past few weeks I performed in RENT, had agonizingly long rehearsals for another play, and narrowly escaped midterms with my sanity in tact. I didn't have a lot of time to love a lot of things this month, but the few things I did love are big favorites.
Niva Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss. This has been one of my favorite lip balms this month! I didn’t think that I would like it originally because I assumed the caramel scent would be sickly sweet and fake, but it smells rich, sweet, and delicious. Not a bad thing.
The Body Shop Almond Body Butter. This is another new addition to my collection. I’ve had ridiculously itchy, dry skin on my legs and under my arms that no amount of moisturizing could fix. When I use this on those areas, I feel a lot better (and a lot less itchy!). It makes my legs feel silky soft after I’ve shaved, especially the morning afterward. I’ve never been so pleased with a body product in my life. Even better? It smells like marzipan and cookies. 
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherry Blossom. I originally bought this lipstick to wear for a production of RENT I was in because I didn’t have any lip colors that my character, Maureen, would wear. I wanted a darker, blue-toned red that wasn’t too vampy, and this was perfect. I don’t want to go into too much detail because I’ve got a whole upcoming post dedicated to it, but I wear it a lot
Maybelline Full N’ Soft Mascara. After having a falling-through with one of my recent favorite mascaras (resulting in a mascara mid-life crisis of sorts), I ran back into the arms of an old favorite. Now I remember why I loved it enough to go through three or four tubes of it in the first place! It gives amazing length and just enough definition to look like you have elegantly long eyelashes, which perfectly matches my everyday vibe. 
Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Concealer. Another old favorite! I’ve been using another concealer under my eyes, but it’s a little light for me at the moment so it makes the rest of my face look weird. To fix it, I’ve been highlighting in the center of my face and blending it out to make everything look seamless and mostly the same color... and it’s been looking pretty decent. I need to pick up another one of these.
Yogi Stress Reliever Tea. My lovely sister sent me a care package that arrived just in time for the crazy two-week midterm period. Between my job, the two shows, and my class load (not to mention my capstone or finding a job for after graduation), I’ve been seriously stressed out. This tea smells and tastes a little like chai, but in a slightly more woodsy way. I didn’t think that teas could actually be relaxing, but this one totally is. One mug filled with this after an awful day and everything feels manageable again. (Thanks, Jo!) 
This Grandpa Sweater is one of the most comfortable things I own. I got it from the men’s section of a thrift store for a few dollars, and I couldn’t be happier with that decision. I wear it all the time! I think that this is one of the favorite items of clothing I’ve ever owned. Plus, since it was such a steal, I get a lot more satisfaction out of wearing it than I do any other baggy sweater.
What have you been loving lately?

3 comments:

  1. I really want to try the body butter now! I always get dry patches on my legs this time of the year and this might just fix that!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBS is great with sales, too... They almost always have a 40% off site wide or a buy 3 get 2 or 3 promotion going on! x

      Delete
  2. That red lipstick looks gorgeous!! I have to try it!! I love the body shop body butters too - nothing beats them!!
    cosmoopolitan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.