Fall Favorites! | Mascara Warrior

Hello, friends!

Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year. From cozy sweaters, boots, seasonal beverages, and pumpkin or apple flavored everything, you really can't go wrong!

Since I've been busy with classes, my job, and some family things, I wanted to catch up with some of my favorite things to put on my face this season.

Makeup


Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Light ($5.48 at Walmart)I bought this because I ran out of my last undereye concealer and because I'm a college student that doesn't sleep a lot. This is wonderful! It gives really nice coverage: it is very creamy and pigmented, but doesn't feel very heavy. It was less expensive than my last concealer (the Maybelline DreamLumi Touch, if you were wondering), but I find that it works twenty times better. I will definitely repurchase this again.

NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Pink Lady ($2.74 at Walmart)I really don't know why I bought this, especially because the name itself is a little funny and it looks like it's meant for a kindergartner to enjoy. NYC is also a brand that I find has fewer hits than misses. But you know what? I love this lip balm. A lot. This moisturizing balm provides a nice sheer color and smells like apples. It was ridiculously cheap, too. What's not to love? I only purchased this a few weeks ago, and I've already used up a good portion of it.

Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara ($5.94 at Walmart)This gives serious volume and definition. When I want big, bold lashes (which, lately, has been all the time), I always reach for this puppy. It is insanely waterproof (which I bought because it's my senior year and I don't know what to do with my life and I do a lot of crying). Because of this, it's a little difficult to get off.  It doesn't irritate my eyes at all, and it doesn't flake a bit during daily wear.

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder ($12.44 at ASOS). This is an amazing bronzer. It's not too dark and not too orange, and even though there are obvious sparkles in the pan, I don't notice them transfer onto the face. I use this every single day to contour, and using it is always a treat... especially since it smells (and looks) like a bar of chocolate!

Skincare

It's no secret that I struggle with my skin. Trying to find the perfect products for my skin has been pretty difficult, especially since I've been using a few prescription acne creams. Now that the weather is cooler and the air is drier, my skin needs a little more hydration. I've been trying out a few new things, but there's only two that I like enough to purchase full-sized:




Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream ($34 at Sephora). This is a really nice moisturizing eye cream. It promises to reduce dark circles, but I haven't noticed that much of a difference in my skin. I do notice that my eye area is a lot drier when I don't use it. I got this sample in my Birchbox and have used it up completely, and I really miss it.

CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion ($11.39 at Drugstore.com). I picked up a couple of these sample tubes the last time I was at the dermatologist, and all I can say is wow. This lotion is incredible. It moisturizes really well, but doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy. My skin feels a lot better when I wake up in the morning after using this the night before! I'm officially out of these, so I need to pick up a full size.


What are you guys loving this season? Let me know! I love trying out new things.

Feel free to follow my blog with Bloglovin' so that you never miss a post from me. :)

As always, thank you for reading!
Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.