Fun With Color: Fuchsia Flash

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you probably have the inside knowledge that I'm a neutrals gal through and through. However, I do like to shake things up from time to time! What better way to do that with one of my favorite colors? Fuchsia!

Please excuse the difference in lighting. It was a little cloudy today and I couldn't get it the same both times!
This was a really fun look to create! I started off by priming my eyes with the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer. Once that dried, I layered NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk right over it. I then patted a shimmery off-white shade into the inner third of my eye and to my browbone (I used the shade Venus from the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette). Next, I applied matte fuchsia shade from the Coastal Scents 252 Eyeshadow Palette to the outer two-thirds of my eye. I then added a matte deep plum shade into the outer corner and blended it all together. I topped off the look with some black liquid liner, curled lashes, and mascara (I used TheBalm's Schwing! liner and their Body Builder mascara, which I've already reviewed!). 

To balance out the bright eyes, I went nude on the lips. I threw on NYX Matte Lipstick in Butter and layered a NYX Megashine Lip Gloss in Beige over it.

Here's a picture of the look in action, which I wore to a party with some friends!

Me and my friend Matt! Fancy photo credit goes to my friend Leigh. Are you diggin that 'stache as much as I am? Of course you are.

 What's your go-to bright color? Mine is either fuchsia, electric blue, or neon yellow. I can't decide. 0:)

Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin'!
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous look Em! I would never think to wear Fuchsia on my eyes but I might have to try this out soon! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.