What I've learned from 2014


I like to focus on positivity and motivation on this blog, but in reality 2014 wasn't the easiest year for me. I graduated from college and was totally not prepared for what came afterwards. I spent a lot of time looking for jobs, worrying about my future, and feeling isolated. However, I did learn a few things from this not-so-great year and I'd like to share them with you.

Things don't always turn out the way you planned them. It might not be great at first, but things might be better off in the long run. Try not to get discouraged so easily and try to enjoy the ride.

It's okay to be sad sometimes. You don't have to fight it all the time in defense of being a strong person. Feelings happen, and that makes us all the more human. However, being sad most of the time isn't a good way to live. When this happens, trying to cheer yourself up can help.

Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. In fact, it's a sign of strength. Knowing when to ask for help means you recognize that there are some things that you can't accomplish on your own, and that you know you can do better.

If other people believe in you, it's usually because you give them reason to. They aren't just saying it. Learn to see the value that other people see in you, even if it takes you a while to see it.

What did you learn from 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.